Thursday 22 October 2020

Ramaraju for Bheem - RRR Teaser

Ramaraju for Bheem - RRR Teaser

I generally don't write about trailers and teasers, but some of my strongest responses to cinema have been in trailers and teasers. Whether it's the Gangs of Wasseypur - 2 trailer cut, Super Deluxe's trailer cut or a lot of S. S. Rajamouli's trailers and teasers. This teaser has been haunting me from the moment I saw it, I watched it a lot of times. There are only few filmmakers who completely take control of me, as an audience when I'm watching something. I become a kid, when I'm watching Rajamouli's work - it's because I know that he will deliver for sure and no matter how huge my expectations are - he will reach them all the time.

Rajamouli says that he's more of a storyteller than a director, but the images he creates - is one of the reasons his films are universal. The teaser released in all languages, and the one of the strongest response has been towards the 6th shot in the teaser - the shot of the wave. Of course, the stories he tells are strongly rooted in our culture and the conflicts are mostly primal - but the curiosity of the audience is to see what kind of images he'd have created. I remember feeling the same when I watched Baahubali: The Conclusion's trailer. Even with his dream project - my curiosity is about the kind of images that he'd create. 

The underlying emotion that he carves out of Ram Charan (and even Prabhas) is that of honesty and integrity - we saw that in Magadheera and in Baahubali. That's their strength. The underlying emotion that he carves out of NTR is Roudram - we saw that in Simhadri and this emotion is like home territory to NTR - he does this seamlessly. So now in the teaser, it's evident that there's going to be a lot of Roudram from Bheem, I'm curious to see how Ramaraju's character is developed. When Rajamouli puts out something, it's a reminder of how achieving excellence could make us feel and why we should pursue it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why blog when you have a screenplay to finish?

Why blog when you have a screenplay to finish? An average screenplay takes anywhere between a few months to a year or more to write. Unlike ...